A Return Trip from Paper Mill Lock to Hoe Mill Lock.
(Suitable for all BCC members)
Note: This trip is dependent on a minimum number of paddlers, therefore if you would like to join in then please show your interest by emailing:
- Start Time 10.30am
- Meeting Place: Paper Mill Lock, North Hill, Little Baddow, Chelmsford, CM3 4BS
- Parking: Roadside parking available
- Paddle distance: Approx. 4-5 miles, round trip
- Start Point: Paper Mill Lock papermilllock.co.uk
- Rest Point / Lunch: Hoe Mill Lock (please bring your own light snacks and refreshments)
- Finish Point: Paper Mill Lock
This trip has been chosen as it is a light and gentle paddle, suitable for all members new and old. There will be a couple of portages on route and a rest point at approx. half way where we can have lunch.
Typical Kit List (other than the obvious kayak, and paddle)
- Buoyancy aid – you will not be allowed to paddle without one
- Spray deck (optional, but recommended)
- Dry cag / trousers (something to keep out the wind/rain)
- Footwear (wetsuit boots or old trainers)
- Food (e.g. sandwiches/snacks/cereal bars – remember it has to fit in your kayak)
- Drink (e.g. water, energy drink, thermos / hot refreshments)
- Insect bite cream
- Anti-bacterial hand gel (to use before you dine!)
Please note that there is a possibility of a fee of approx. £5.00 per kayak for paddling this water way.
Any children (under 18 years) will need to be accompanied by an adult (who is also paddling) and a Parental Responsibility form will need to be signed and handed to the event organiser before or on the day of the event.
Can I borrow equipment?
Yes. Braintree Canoeing Club does have a limited amount of equipment should you wish borrow some e.g. boat, paddle, spray deck, buoyancy aid etc. however, you will need to make your own arrangements to transport any equipment borrowed and of course it would be the individuals responsibility to return all their equipment cleaned / washed and back in safe storage at the club by the following Saturday.
If you are interested in borrowing some equipment, then please email: Equipment@braintreecanoeingclub.co.uk stating the ‘Easter Sunday Paper Mill Paddle’ in the subject box.
REMEMBER: Please email us if you would like to join this trip.
LOOK OUT…. more paddles soon to follow!