The first local flat water river paddle of the year will be from Dedham next Sunday and is suitable for all members.
Meeting Time: 10.30am
Meeting Point: Dedham Mill car park
Location: Mill Lane Car Park, Opposite the Boathouse Restaurant, Mill Lane, Colchester, Essex CO7 6DH
This paddle along the River Stour is a return trip from Dedham to Flatford and is suitable for all levels, beginners welcome.
Please note that here may be a licence cost (so allow £5 per boat, just in case)
We do have a limited amount of equipment if you want to borrow a boat, paddle, deck or buoyancy aid. You will need to make arrangements to transport any equipment borrowed, if you cannot take it yourself.
All borrowed equipment needs to be returned, washed/cleaned to the pool by the following Saturday.
If you are interested in coming along then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For equipment hire email: email@example.com
On a safety note, any children will need to be accompanied by a paddling adult and a Parental Responsibility form will need to be signed and handed in on or before the day (see website).
Kit list (other than the obvious kayak, and paddle):
- Buoyancy aid – you will not be allowed to paddle without one
- Spray deck (optional, but recommended)
- Dry cag / trousers (something to keep out the wind/rain)
- Footwear (wetsuit boots or old trainers)
- Food (e.g. sandwiches/snacks/cereal bars – remember it has to fit in your kayak)
- Drink (e.g. water, energy drink, thermos)
- If sunny, possibly a hat/sun cream
We look forward to seeing you on the river.