This is a one way paddle to Cattawade.
We will meet at Dedham at 1015am for a car shuttle to Cattawade.
Starting time on the river is 11am. at Dedham from River Stour 51.961838, 0.993810
On the way down to Cattawade we will stop for lunch, at the end of the paddle is the Crown Inn. Which is about 5 minute walk from the car park.
This paddle is open to all in the Club.
If you are newish to the club & are learning the ropes of canoeing / paddling just speak to some one to see if this is for you at the moment.
If you want to borrow equipment please email email@example.com stating the Dedham to Cattawade trip, your name and equipment required; you will be responsible for transporting the equipment and returning it back to the pool clean.
For new paddlers, Kit list (other than the obvious kayak, and paddle):
- Buoyancy aid – you will not be allowed to paddle without one
- Spray deck – will be required!
- Dry cag / trousers (something to keep out the wind/rain)
- Footwear (wetsuit boots or old trainers)
- Food (e.g. sandwiches/snacks/cereal bars – remember it has to fit in your kayak)
- Drink (e.g. water, energy drink, thermos)
- If sunny, possibly a hat/sun cream
- Anti-bacterial hand gel (to use before you eat your sandwiches)
On a safety note, any children (under 18) will need to be accompanied by an adult (also paddling) and a Parental Responsibility form will need to be signed and handed in on the day.
If you wish to attend this paddle would you please contact me through the Club. Thank you, Mark B.