Just a quick reminder, with just over 2 weeks to go, for the annual Braintree Canoeing Club over the Bank Holiday weekend of 27th/28th August.
Tickets can be purchased through the Treasurer or any committee member. The ticket prices for this year’s Canoe Club BBQ weekend are:
- BBQ – Price in advance – £6.00 Adults, £3.50 Children under 16, Under 5’s free
- BBQ – Price on the day – £7.00 Adults, £4.50 Children under 16, Under 5’s free
- Camping – £6.00 per small tent, per night
- River Licence – £5.00 per canoe/kayak per day
After the Saturday river paddle, there will be light refreshments and cakes. If you would like to bring a cake to share with others, please feel free to do so. The BBQ, with live music from Robbie Gladwell will follow in the evening.
If you have any special dietary requirements, please email Graham asap so we can adjust our orders accordingly.
River Paddle details
- Saturday 27th: River Paddle – Papermill to Heybridge
Start: 11:00 Papermill
Lunch: Hoe Mill Lock or Rickets Lock
Finish: 15:30 at Heybridge
- Friday 26th: Evening Sea Paddle (if people are around and subject to weather conditions)
High time 19:00 at Maldon; Evening paddle around the tide
- Sunday 28th: Sea Paddle – Heybridge to Mersea
High time 9:10 at Maldon; Shuttle cars first thing to Mersea; Take the outgoing tide to Mersea
Start: 10:00 Heybridge Basin
Finish: 16:00 Mersea
Further details of the event can be found here: https://braintreecanoeingclub.co.uk/2016/05/24/canoe-club-bbq-weekend-2016/